Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stuffed Tomatoes

Can you image the cottage cheese and tomatoes goes together?! I am sure that some people would say "EWWWW, cottage cheese and tomatoes altogether?!".

Sophia had showed me on the TV that she wanted to try that stuffed tomatoes as snacks. I found myself "whoa, what a simple snack and I can do it". So I made it for myself and Sophia. My other two daughters are not crazy over the tomatoes but they will learn to like when they are little bit older even though!

It was so unbelievably delicious after we first tried. I did taught my daughters the simple motto: "Don't judge yourself what you see because you haven't tried it yet". Good enough, it came true for my girls by LOVE those foods after they tried it for first time!

If you have cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese in your refrigerator then you can make it right away! It's pretty cheap to afford that healthy snack because only you need was 2 ingredients!

Bunches of cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese (a must on your shopping list!)

You want to cut a little bit top half. One trick to make the tomatoes to sit well by cut a little bit on the bottom. You want to scoop the seeds out but not to scoop it all SO EMPTY because you need some kind of support to hold the cottage cheese.

Stuff those cottage cheese (as your preference, lowfat, small curds, large curds and etc) into that tomatoes.

Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper. I added dill for more spice up on that stuffed tomatoes. You can add ANY spices as you desire but not OVERKILL the flavor :D..

Enjoy those simple healthy snacks. It's a great for anyone who are a healthy-consicious, vegertarian, or losing some weight. My friend who is losing weights and REALLY love my stuffed tomatoes- man, I wish you had seen her because she went gone to HEAVEN with that :D...

1 comment:

  1. right, should never say "ewww!' until you try it, lol! when i was dating my ex-fiance in gally, i refused to try indian, greek, etc food. when i started dating peter, somehow he convinced me to try them and wow, i was wrong.

    this looks good!

    ReplyDelete